Saturday, August 18, 2007

Roy, Brodziak and Paukovich, oh my!

I just read here: http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=335779 that the Oilers have signed Roy, Brodziak and Paukovich to entry level contracts. Looking at Roy I'm not sure if he's the kind of player who'd have a real career in a regular city, but in Edmonton we're going to be picking people off of the street to fill the blueline, so everyone helps I suppose.

Brodziak could play 4th Line minutes in a year or two, depending on our other centers' skill levels at training camp.

And then there's Paukovich. I'm not going to pretend that I've been following the University of Denver's hockey program all that closely, but judging by his stats he can't be all bad. He went 8-9-17 last season, playing 39 of his teams 40 games. He's also got size, but I haven't been able to find any comments on him as a player besides that.

Most interestingly is the fact that he is 11th in University history in total PIM. I think MacT is going to like this guy.

No comments: