Saturday, August 18, 2007

Penner Interview

I just listened to the
Dustin Penner Interview and it sounds to me like the guy has the right attitude. Morley Scott asked him a question about what he thought about getting to play with Hemsky and Horcoff, but Penner told was careful to say that he hoped he'd have good chemistry IF that's where he ended up, but it was all up to the coaches. Also, he seems to be reasonably smart, even if he does radically overuse the words "um" and "uh". Of course, hockey players don't exactly tend to make great statesman.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

I can handle the um and uh's if they don't say "at the end of the day." That drives me crazy!

Santa Merda said...

Especially when it doesn't even make sense, as in Gomez's quote about why he left the Devils:

"I think it's more that New Jersey and I didn't really talk much... ...Both sides were ready to move on. They're a tremendous organization. So many memories, what can I say? Everything I have and everything I've done is because of them. But I think at the end of the day, it was time."